- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 c. Red and green sanding sugar
LIME JELL-O LAYER
- 1 c. water
- 1 packet lime Jell-o mix (3 ounces)
- 4 oz. Amorada Reposado, chilled
STRAWBERRY JELL-O LAYER
- 2 c. water, divided (place 1 c. in fridge to chill)
- 1 packet strawberry Jell-o mix
- For the lime-sugar rim: Dip the rim of each shot glass into the lime juice, then press it into the sanding sugar to fully coat it. Set cups aside to dry.
- Next, create the spiked lime Jell-o: Bring one cup of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Once it’s bubbling, stir in the packet of lime Jell-o mix, stirring until it’s dissolved completely. Turn off the heat.
- Pour in 4 oz. of cold Amorada Tequila. Mixing until thoroughly combined. Pour into a large measuring cup, small pitcher or another glass so it’s easier to pour into the shot glasses.
- Pour the lime Jell-o mixture into each of the shot glasses, filling them all 2/3s of the way up. Place the shot glasses into the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes to set. (It’s okay if they’re not fully set, but they can’t be totally liquid when you start the next step.)
- For the strawberry Jell-o layer: Boil 1 c. water in a medium saucepan. Once it’s bubbling, add the strawberry Jell-o mix, stirring until completely dissolved. Turn off the heat, then add 1 c. cold water, stirring until combined.
- Pour the Jell-o into a measuring cup, or another easy-to-pour vessel, and pour the Jell-o into each shot glass, filling it just below the sanding sugar rim. (If the Jell-o hits the sugar rim, it will start melting the rim, ruining your beautiful work.)
- Place the Jell-o shots in the fridge for at least 1 hour to set. Serve cold, like the Grinch’s heart (pre-stealing-Christmas).
Win two bottles of Amorada Tequila just in time to share it for the holidays, get full details here.
Original Source: Delish